Photos taken 17 February 2007. Click each photo to enlarge, or click here for the whole gallery.

Photos taken 19 February 2007 at China Camp State Park in San Rafael, California.

A Planetary Parallax View

Where People Have
A Parallax View

Click here to add yourself to the Parallaxis map!

-->

California Street, San Francisco

Flowers

Far from Yare, Pt. Reyes, CA

That bridge again.

I take pictures every day with my Canon Powershot G6.

Performancing

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Photos from My Nebraska Dream Vacation

I've created a gallery of photos I took during my trip to Nebraska. Unlike the last several Nebraska photos you've seen here, I took these with my camera, not with my phone.

I put some of the photos in the sidebar on the left (see them?), along with a link to the gallery, but I thought I'd put a few up here as well, just to further entice you to go visit the gallery.

The Hall County Courthouse, in Grand Island, Nebraska, taken at 10:15pm (obviously). (Click photo to enlarge)


Not as good as another photo I've taken of Lincoln, Nebraska, this is the view driving toward downtown from the north. The tall building is the state capitol. Known affectionately as "the penis of the plains," it's towering shaft is symbolic of Nebraska's fertility. (Click photo to enlarge)


Perched at the tip of the capitol building's golden dome is "The Sower," a 19-foot tall art-deco bronze statue, spreading seeds over the prairie. (Click photo to enlarge)


Did you know, Lincoln has an acre of parkland for every 15 residents - more parkland per capita than any other city in the country? This is the Sunken Gardens, located near the Capitol Building. That's right, just a seed's toss from our massive phallus, the "sunken gardens" are agape in flower, welcoming any and all who care to enter. (Click photo to enlarge)

Comments on "Photos from My Nebraska Dream Vacation"

 

Blogger Chromest*r said ... (August 30, 2006 3:23 PM) : 

OMG, those fair photos in the lightning storm are outta this world! HELP, having flashback... NE state fair 1990 or something :)

 

post a comment

  • I'm Matty G
  • I grew up in Grand Island, Nebraska. Now I live smack in the middle of San Francisco.

    Parallaxis is the view from here (& there).

    About Parallaxis